SSE Hotel Breaks Customer Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully (“Terms and Conditions”) which govern the use by you of www.ssehotelbreaks.com (the “Site”). Once read, please save or print a copy for your records. These Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between us relating to the use of the Site.
Please visit our FAQ section where you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions. SSE Hotel Breaks are provided by Digibreaks Limited. Digibreaks Limited acts always as an agent (or sub-agent as mentioned below) on behalf of accommodation providers. Digibreaks Limited has its' registered office at Unit 3 Argyle Square, Donnybrook, Dublin 4 hereafter "Digibreaks" or "we” or “us” in the below. You may only use the Site to make legitimate enquiries or reservations and agree not to make any speculative, false or fraudulent reservations or any reservations in anticipation of demand.
Due to Covid 19 Pandemic, our hotel partners implemented measures to mitigate any potential risks and followed the recommended guidelines from the HSE and the WHO. As of April 1st 2022, you will no longer need to pre-book meals or swimming pool sessions in advance. You are no longer required to produce an EU Digital Covid Cert to check into a hotel.
We will continuously work to protect our customers and the hotel. In the event of a COVID-19 related cancellation, we will cancel your break for you. Deposits will no longer be put on hold, however, you can get a free transfer within the same hotel.
Booking Your Break
- Digibreaks acts as an agent of the hotel when you make a booking and Digibreaks accepts no responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you due to over-booking errors, oversights or delays in processing payment, or service issues at participating accommodation for which Digibreaks has no direct responsibility.
- All offers are subject to promotional availability and while availability is all-year-around, there may be limited availability during bank holidays and other peak periods.
- Only one promotional code can be used per booking and not in conjunction with any other offer. Promotional codes must be applied at the checkout at the time of booking and cannot be applied later to existing bookings. Book and stay-by dates will vary for individual promotional codes. Please refer to offer details for information about book and stay by dates for each promotional code.
- All participating hotels are approved and graded by Fáilte Ireland.
- Changes and Cancellations - Changes and cancellations outside of the original hotel booked will incur a loss of the booking fee and processing fee. Cancellations made within the minimum period will incur a late cancellation fee, all details below. By making the booking you accept and agree that if you incur a late cancellation fee/ "no show" charge, you are authorizing your payment card to be charged.
- Late bookings: You can book a hotel up to 4pm on your arrival day, subject to availability. Please contact the hotel directly to confirm your arrival time.
- If you make a booking with SSE Hotel Breaks, it will be subject to further terms and conditions of the individual accommodation provider with whom your booking is made, some of which may limit or exclude liability, and including cancellation and "no show" charges (see CANCELLATIONS section below). These terms and conditions can normally be accessed online by visiting the website of the relevant accommodation provider.
- When you make a booking with SSE Hotel Breaksyou must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking, and possess the legal capacity and authority to book as the lead name (if you are booking on behalf of an individual or a group). You are guaranteeing that you understand and have the authority to accept, and do accept, on behalf of your party these Terms and Conditions, together with any terms and conditions of accommodation providers that may apply, which constitute the entire agreement between us.
- We will only deal with the lead booking name in all subsequent correspondence and dealings, and this means that you are responsible for making all payments due, ensuring the accuracy of all personal details and other information supplied in respect of yourself and your party, notifying us of any changes, amendments or cancellations and for receiving correspondence and keeping your party informed about the booking and any changes to it
- A booking fee is collected by Digibreaks on behalf of the accommodation provider at the time of booking.
- Please bring a copy of your Booking Confirmation with you to present to your hotel at check-in if requested.
Types of Accommodation and Room Occupancy
Where available, the following Accommodation and Room Occupancy types will be found on the SSE Hotel Breaks website:
- Types of Hotel Accommodation and Room Occupancy:
- Twin Room - accommodates 2 adults and 1 child under 2 in a cot;
- Double Room - accommodates 2 adults and 1 child under 2 in a cot;
- Family Room – accommodates 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 10. A cot can also be requested for a third child.
- Please note, where a cot is required, it must be expressly requested by you at the time of booking.
- Where stated 'two persons sharing’ the accommodation will be for a double or twin room.
- Prices are charged per room and meals included are based on the offer and room type booked.
- If you have booked accommodation which includes B&B or B&B+Dinner please be advised meals for children are not included but can be availed of at a discounted rate during your stay of €5/£3.50 for breakfast and €9/£6.50 for dinner (main course + ice cream).
- For children over the stated age limit (10 years), there may be a charge for accommodation; this is at the discretion of the hotel. This and other special requests may be made at the time of your booking.
*Percentage saving based on quarterly price research on a midweek 2-night hotel break with breakfast included in Ireland compared to market leaders.
Our right to cancel your booking
- SSE Hotel Breaks reserves the right to cancel any reservation, regardless of whether a confirmation email has been received by you due to any overbooking, pricing, or hotel system error.
- We are not under any obligation to explain the cancellation, but reasons may include, but are not limited to, any overbooking of the hotel or system error.
- Where we cancel your reservation pursuant to the above, we will return to you any payment you have made to us via the original payment method used by you.
- We will always try and find you a suitable alternative accommodation, date or length of stay. In case an agreement cannot be made, we will refund you any payment you have made.
- In the event of a COVID-19 related cancellation:
We will cancel your break for you and place your deposit on hold for an initial 6 months from date of cancellation. After this time, if you are still not able to travel, we can extend this for another 6 months; to a maximum of 12 months. If you decide after 12 months that you don't want to book with us again, you may request a refund. You will not lose your money.
Hotel Break Definitions
- B&B Hotel Breaks: 1, 2 or 3 nights including breakfast in 3, 4, 4+ & 5 star hotels.
- B&B + Dinner Hotel Breaks: 1, 2 or 3 nights including breakfast and one evening 3 course meal, including tea/coffee per adult (based on 2 adults sharing) in 3 and 4 star hotels.
- Sale Offer Hotel Breaks: 2 or 3 nights including breakfast in 3 and 4 star hotels. Sale Offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the offer. Offer dates will be clearly stated on the offer pages.
- Holiday Home Breaks: Up to 7 nights holiday home accommodation for up to six people in 3 and 4 star holiday homes.
Last minute deals
- Last minute deals are a limited time offer (booking window is approximately 10 days) and is subject to the terms and conditions of the offer and the usual terms and conditions of SSE Hotel Breaks apply.
- Last minute deals prices and dates will be clearly stated on the offer page. Discount/promo codes cannot be used in conjunction with last minute deals.
Credit Card / Debit Card
A non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking which payment can be made by Credit Card or Debit Card. ‘Digibreaks Ltd' along with the name of your chosen property will appear as a debit on your payment card statement. You will be responsible for the payment of the balance due and any additional costs to the accommodation provider on arrival.
Where you have additional requirements, you must ensure that the accommodation of your choice satisfies such requirements and you have requested these at the time of booking. Please ensure that you view the accommodation provider’s terms and conditions. The accommodation provider’s terms and conditions can normally be accessed online by visiting the website of the relevant provider.
The booking deposit, which is included in the price of the break and a processing fee of €2.95 per transaction (not included in the booking deposit), will be charged to your payment card at the time of booking.
Changes to Bookings
Changes to your hotel booking can only be made up to 48 hours prior to the commencement of your break. These changes will incur a transfer fee equivalent to the booking deposit and processing fee. Note: If you change dates at the hotel originally booked you will not incur a transfer fee. You can review your booking online at https://www.ssehotelbreaks.com/ at any time using the 'My Bookings' tool. Do not contact the hotel directly to make a change to your booking. Changes to the date of travel or choice of hotel must be made through SSE Hotel Breaks Support Team at email@example.com or by phone at 0818 240 080
Should you need to cancel your booking you may do so on SSE Hotel Breaks using the "My Bookings" tool or via the Call Centre. All cancellations will result in the loss of your booking deposit and processing fee. Cancellations made within the minimum cancellation period will incur the loss of the booking deposit, processing fee and you will also be charged a late cancellation fee by the accommodation provider (please see below).
Failure to arrive for a confirmed booking will result in a cancellation or “no show” charge by the accommodation provider of the cost of the first night's stay in accordance with the accommodation provider’s own terms and conditions.
- Where you are liable for late cancellation fees and failure to arrive (“no show”) we reserve the right to contact you on behalf of the accommodation provider regarding payment of such fees.
- The minimum cancellation period for hotel breaks is less than 48 hours prior to 6 p.m. on your scheduled day of arrival.
- Cancellations within the minimum cancellation period or failure to arrive for a confirmed booking will result in a cancellation charge of the cost of the first night's stay in accordance with the hotel's own terms and conditions
In the unlikely event that you encounter any service issues during your break, please inform the hotel during your stay, so that every opportunity can be made to rectify any issues. If your issue is still unresolved or if you have feedback regarding SSE Hotel Breaks you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Call Centre Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding public holidays). Alternatively, you may write to us at:
Unit 3, Argyle Square,
Please note that any assistance given by us in relation to complaints is by way of goodwill gesture in our capacity as agent or sub-agent for the accommodation provider
We shall collect and process any personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and in accordance with our Privacy Statement. Please see our Privacy Statement and Cookies Policy for more information. From time to time, SSE or Digibreaks may contact you on behalf of SSE Hotel Breaks for marketing purposes.
We make no promise that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside Ireland and accessing the Site from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this Site from locations outside Ireland, you do so, on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
WARNING: When accessing our site through an insecure network please note that all communications on such a network are vulnerable to eavesdropping. Unencrypted connections, particularly those to social networking sites, are easily hijacked by a third party. To ensure privacy and integrity of your information, please use a secure private network known to you before providing personal information through these types of networks.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
Occasionally, SSE Hotel Breaks may need to make changes to the Terms and Conditions and reserves the right to do so. The most up to date Terms and Conditions are available on the website. The Terms and Conditions that apply to your booking are those displayed on the website (and accepted by you) at the time you make your booking.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland we and you submit to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts. This will not prevent us from pursuing a claim for breach of contract, copyright infringement or otherwise in respect of these Terms and Conditions.
Use of this Site
By using the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you should not use the Site.
We reserve the right to suspend, modify or amend the Site (or any part thereof) from time to time.